The Craig Farm site consists of 117 acres located in Armstrong County, Pennsylvania. Between 1958 and 1963, approximately 8,000 tons of drummed waste material were deposited in two former strip mine pits on the site property and covered with topsoil. The waste consisted of still bottom residue from the production of resorcinol at the Koppers Chemical Plant located in Petrolia, Pennsylvania. Resorcinol, an organic compound, is used as an adhesive enhancer in commercial products such as automobile tires and pharmaceutical manufacturing. Approximately 1,700 people reside within a three-mile radius of the site, with the closest residence approximately a half mile away. This site was proposed to the National Priorities List (NPL) on December 30, 1982 and was formally added on September 8, 1983. The Site was deleted from the NPL on September 30, 2013.