EPA anticipates starting construction of a landfill cap and in-situ treatment of groundwater in late 2015 or early 2016.
The cleanup will include:
A multi-layer cap for the landfill
- All waste located outside the landfill will be removed or put below the cap
- The landfill will be vegetated, and landscaping will be designed around the Site
- The cap will prevent exposure to all landfill contaminants
- A drainage system for the landfill will be installed
- To learn more about landfill caps, click here.
- Installation of injection wells to treat the contamination
- Installation of additional monitoring wells to monitor cleanup effectiveness
- To learn more about in-situ treatment of groundwater, click here.