The McAdoo Associates site is located in Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania. The site consists of two areas about 1.3 miles apart. One area, in the Borough of McAdoo, covers about a third of an acre. The other, in Kline Township, covers 8 acres. From 1884 until 1969, anthracite coal mining occurred at the site. In 1975, McAdoo Associates acquired the site. McAdoo Associates stored wastes on site in 1978 and 1979. The area in McAdoo Borough had five underground storage tanks that contained a mixture of petroleum products and organic solvents. The site area in Kline Township, used as a metal reclamation and incineration facility, consisted of about 7,000 drums and six aboveground tanks. Poor waste management practices contaminated soil and groundwater with hazardous chemicals. Following cleanup, operation and maintenance activities are ongoing. EPA took the site off the Superfund program�s National Priorities List (NPL) in December 2001.