The Lindane Dump site is located in Harrison Township in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania. The area consists of a 14-acre park and a 47.5-acre lower project zone that includes a closed landfill area. The site received about 400 tons of dumped powdered lindane pesticide waste and other industrial waste from 1900 to 1950. Industrial waste dumping continued after the sale of the property in 1965. Waste disposal practices contaminated soil and groundwater with pesticides and other chemicals. In 1976, the property owner donated part of the site to Harrison Township for use as a park. Following cleanup, operation and maintenance activities are ongoing.