The 36-acre East Tenth Street site is located in an industrial area in Marcus Hook, Pennsylvania. Rayon and cellophane manufacturing took place at the site between 1910 and 1977. Marcus Hook Business and Commerce Center acquired the site property in 1986. The firm sold or leased many parcels and buildings and divided the area into 23 separate lots. Past activities included disposal of sludge in on-site lagoons, disposal of waste solvents on the ground and demolition of on-site structures. Site investigations determined that waste disposal practices, leaking tanks and transformers, and the improper management of asbestos-containing demolition debris contaminated soil, sediment, surface water and groundwater with hazardous chemicals. EPA proposed the site for listing on the Superfund program�s National Priorities List (NPL) in 1994. EPA has since turned the cleanup of the site over to the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (PADEP).