The South Andover site is located in Andover, Minnesota. The site consists of several parcels of land that total around 50 acres. From 1954 to 1981, waste disposal and salvage operations took place on most of these properties. In 1980, the state issued notices of violation for improper storage and disposal of chemical wastes. Waste disposal operations contaminated soil and groundwater with hazardous chemicals. Following cleanup, EPA removed part of the site from the Superfund program�s National Priorities List (NPL) in 1998. Operation and maintenance activities are ongoing.