The 10-acre Tomah Armory site is located in Monroe County, Wisconsin. The City of Tomah operated an open, unlined landfill accepting municipal, industrial and construction wastes from the late 1940s and early 1950s to around 1955. The city sold part of the site to the Wisconsin Department of Military Affairs (WDMA) for construction of the Wisconsin National Guard Armory (WNGA). Landfilling operations contaminated soil and groundwater with hazardous chemicals. Following cleanup, operation and maintenance activities and monitoring are ongoing.