The 2-acre Harris (Farley Street) site is located in Houston, Harris County, Texas. The site consisted of an abandoned landfill containing tars and sludges. A transporter leased the site in 1958 and disposed of over 550 tons of liquids and sludges from local chemical industries in two trenches. Waste disposal activities contaminated soil with hazardous substances.
Following construction of the site�s remedy, EPA took the site off the Superfund program�s National Priorities List (NPL) in April 1988.