Stay Updated, Get Involved
On this page:
- Announcements and Key Topics
- Public Participation Opportunities
- Community Resources
- Site News Archive
- Stay Informed and Involved
Announcements and Key Topics
The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has released its Proposed Remedial Action Plan for the Chem-Fab Superfund Site. This cleanup plan specifically addresses groundwater affected by contamination at the Chem-Fab site. This proposed cleanup plan for interim action targets the area of highest groundwater contamination, referred to as Operable Unit-2 (OU-2), at the Site.
The full version of the plan and all the alternatives evaluated by EPA, is available at: http://go.usa.gov/xKtj3
The public is invited to submit comments on EPA’s proposed cleanup plan. The public comment period runs from Oct 1, 2016 to Oct 31, 2016
Public Participation Opportunities
The public is invited to submit comments on EPA’s proposed cleanup plan at a public meeting to be held ctober 18, 2016 at the Doylestown Borough Hall, 57 West Court Street, Doylestown, PA from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm. The complete Proposed Remedial Action Plan (PRAP) may be found here
Links to other opportunities to participale in EPA activites at the site may be found here
Community involvement is the process of engaging in dialogue and collaboration with community members. The goal of Superfund community involvement
is to advocate and strengthen early and meaningful community
participation during Superfund cleanups. Read about ways you can
participate in EPA’s Community Involvement Program.
EPA celebrates 35 years of the Superfund Program: Read about sites in your states where Superfund has made a difference in protecting human health and the environment.
Site News Archive
The Proposed Remedial Action Plan (2016) can be found her
A Fact Sheet summarizing the Proposed Remedial Action Plan can be foundhere
A Public Notice advertising the Public Comment Period,Public Meeting and the Proposed Remedial Action Plan may be found here
Stay Informed and Involved
- EPA has released a Proposed Remedial Action Plan (PRAP) based on the findings of this Remedial Investigation. The public is invited to comment on this PRAP.
The public comment period runs from Oct 1, 2016 to October 31,2016.
- Comments on EPA's Cleanup Plan for the site may be submitted by postal mail, email;or in person at the Public Meeting on Oct 18,2016 at the Doylestown Borough Hall.
- All comments must be postmarked no later than midnight Oct 31, 2016
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Region 3 Office
1650 Arch Street (Mailcode 3HS21)
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Attn: Huu Ngo, RPM
Mor send comments by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A Community Advisory Group (CAG) for the site meets several times a year. The CAG represents interested citizens, local businesses, and municipal officials from Doylestown Borough and Doylestown Township.
- EPA has partnered with the CAG to provide timely updates to the community about site activities, testing and sampling results and health studies conducted at the site.
- EPA believes that Community Advisory groups are highly beneficial to the collaborative process and fosters understanding between the Agency and the communities that we serve.
- For more information about the Chem-Fab CAG, contact Larry Johnson, EPA Community Involvement Coordinator, at 215-814-3239 or at email@example.com