JEFFERSON BOROUGH, PA
Stay Updated, Get Involved
On this page:
Announcements and Key Topics
EPA issued changes to the cleanup plan for the Resin Disposal Superfund Site in September 2018. An Explanation of Significant Differences (ESD) has been completed, which modifies the selected remedy described in the Record of Decision issued in 1991. The complete text of the ESD can be viewed by clicking the hyperlink above.
1) Establishing acceptable levels of discharge to the West Elizabeth Publicly Owned Treatment Works.
2) Enacting new pretreatment standards in accordance with the Clean Water Act.
3) Installing and operating an oil/water separator and leachate pretreatment system that are capable of meeting pretreatment standards.
4) Increasing the leachate treatment system capacity and adding upgradient storage capability.
5) Documenting that the existing sanitary sewer line, which is located under a portion of the landfill, shall remain in place.
Community involvement is the process of engaging in dialogue and collaboration with community members. The goal of Superfund community involvement is to advocate and strengthen early and meaningful community participation during Superfund cleanups. Read about ways you can participate in EPA’s Community Involvement Program.
Superfund Success Stories: Read about sites in your states where Superfund has made a difference in protecting human health and the environment.
Resin Disposal Site Community Involvement Plan