LOWER DARBY CREEK AREA
DARBY TWP, PA
Stay Updated, Get Involved
On this page:
- Announcements and Key Topics
- Public Participation Opportunities
- Community Advisory Group
- Community Resources
Announcements and Key Topics
NEW! Read EPA's Community Involvement Plan for the Lower Darby Creek Area Superfund Site!
EPA to Begin Cleanup of Contamination Related to Clearview Landfill:
In addition to the yard cleanup aspect of the OU1 Remedial Action, several businesses, primarily related to automobile repair and garbage truck and construction vehicle storage, currently operate at the Clearview Landfill. The businesses must permanently relocate so that EPA can implement other parts of the OU1 remedial action, which includes the excavation of contaminated soil from the Eastwick Regional City Park, construction of a new forested cover over the landfill waste, and the capture and treatment of shallow leachate using constructed wetlands. The permanent relocation process will also be starting in the fall of 2017 and is expected to take about one year to complete.
Public Participation Opportunities
To sign up for the Lower Darby Creek Superfund Site Mailing list, send a blank email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Advisory Group
Please attend the Eastwick Lower Darby Creek Area Community Advisory Group (ELDCA CAG) Meetings. The meetings are held quarterly on the third Wednesday of every month at the Eastwick Recreation Center - 80th and Mars Place, Philadelphia, PA.
2018 ELDCA CAG Meeting Schedule:
Wednesday, March 21, 2018: 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Wednesday, June 20, 2018 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Wednesday, September 26, 2018 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Wednesday, November 14, 2018 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Community involvement is the process of engaging in dialogue and collaboration with community members. The goal of Superfund community involvement is to advocate and strengthen early and meaningful community participation during Superfund cleanups. Read about ways you can participate in EPA’s Community Involvement Program.
Superfund Success Stories: Read about sites in your states where Superfund has made a difference in protecting human health and the environment.
Technical Assistance Grant (TAG): EPA has award a TAG to the Darby Creek Valley Association (DCVA) for the purpose of reviewing and commenting on EPA's work at the LDCA site. For more information about EPA's TAG program, click here.
- August 2015 Community Update (PDF)
- February 2016 Fact Sheet (PDF) - Abandoned Cylinder
- June 2016 Cleanup Status Update (PDF): EPA Dicovers Soil Contamination in Residential Yards. No Immediate Health Threat. EPA to Expand Testing
- August 2016 (PDF): EPA to Remove Contaminated Soils in Eastwick Yards
- May 2017 (PDF): Community Update - Residential Yard Cleanup to Restart in Eastwick Neighborhood (PDF)
Eastiwck Lower Darby Creek Community Advisory Group Meeting Minutes
- Final Meeting Minutes from the ELDCA CAG Meeting Summary - August 12, 2015
- Meeting Minutes from the ELDCA CAG Meeting Summary - July 8, 2015
- Meeting Minutes from ELDCA CAG Formation Meeting #5
- Meeting Minutes from EPA CAG Formation Meeting #4
- Meeting Minutes from EPA CAG Formation Meeting #3
- Meeting Minutes from EPA CAG Formation Meeting #2
- Meeting Minutes from EPA CAG Formation Meeting #1