SOUTH MINNEAPOLIS RESIDENTIAL SOIL CONTAMINATION
Stay Updated, Get Involved
On this page:
Site News Archive
- EPA to Restart Work on South Minneapolis Superfund Site; Open Houses Planned for April 20-21 - April 14, 2011
- EPA ready to return to Recovery Act-Funded South Minneapolis arsenic site; meeting March 31, 6 p.m. - March 24, 2010
- MEDIA ADVISORY: Briefing on South Minneapolis Arsenic Superfund Site Sept. 8, 2 P.M. - September 4, 2009
- Recovery Act funding to accelerate cleanup, boost economy, create jobs and protect human health at Minneapolis hazardous waste site - April 15, 2009
- EPA picks cleanup plan for South Minneapolis Superfund site - Sept 12, 2008
- EPA proposes cleanup plan for South Minneapolis Superfund site; meeting June 11, 6:30 p.m. - June 4, 2008
- EPA meetings on South Minneapolis Soil Contamination in October and November - October 23, 2007
- EPA adds South Minneapolis arsenic site to Superfund National Priorities List - September 19, 2007
- Neighborhood meeting on South Minneapolis Soil Contamination Site Tuesday, July 24, 7 p.m. - July 18, 2007
- EPA update meeting on South Minneapolis arsenic site Nov. 28, Community Advisory Group organizational meeting Dec. 12 - November 21, 2006
- Comment period on South Minneapolis arsenic risk assessement ends Nov. 17 - October 23, 2006
- EPA to resume arsenic sampling in South Minneapolis; meeting May 9, 6 to 8 P.M. May 3, 2006
- EPA proposes South Minneapolis residential soil contamination site for Superfund National Priorities List - September 27, 2006
- EPA schedules three neighborhood meetings for South Minneapolis soil contamination site - September 12, 2006
- EPA schedules three neighborhood meetings for South Minneapolis soil contamination site - May 19, 2006
- EPA to resume arsenic sampling in South Minneapolis; meeting May 9, 6 to 8 P.M. - May 3, 2006
Previous Public Participation Opportunities
- EPA held a public meeting June 11, 2008 in Minneapolis, MN about the proposed cleanup plan. Public comments were accepted June 2 - July 1, 2008.
- EPA held a public meeting to summarize the 2005 work and answer questions about the upcoming effort on May 9, 2006.
- EPA held a meeting November 17, 2005 to update the community about arsenic contamination and soil removal activities at the South Minneapolis Neighborhood Soil Contamination Superfund site. Representatives from federal, state and local agencies were present to answer questions.
- EPA held an open house April 20, 2005 and a series of interviews with local residents, April 20-21, 2005.