LEA AND WEST SECOND STREET
Stay Updated, Get Involved
On this page:
Announcements and Key Topics
Public Participation Opportunities
EPA is committed to engaging in dialogue and collaboration with community members. Our goal for Superfund community involvement is to advocate and strengthen early and meaningful community participation during Superfund cleanup. EPA is committed to:
- Encouraging and enabling community member involvement
- Listening and responding to community concern
- Changing planned actions where community comments or concerns have merit
- Keeping the community well informed of ongoing and planned activities
- Explaining EPA activities to the community
Community Participation - EPA welcomes the opportunity to improve our communication effort by obtaining feedback and suggestions from the public. EPA is open to public suggestions that improve the exchange of information, or ideas that enhance the implementation of the remediation efforts.
Community Involvement Plan (CIP) - A CIP will be developed to identify the concerns, needs and issues of the community. This document informs the site team about the community and preferred ways to involve them in site activities. To develop this document, EPA plans to conduct community interviews and outreach with other stakeholders to analyze community needs for communication and involvement with the site. This process takes several months to complete.