BONITA PEAK MINING DISTRICT
Stay Updated, Get Involved
Sign up for this Superfund site’s mailing list
On this page:
Announcements and Key Topics
Proposed Plan Public Comment Period and Public Meeting. EPA has issued the proposed plan to build a site-wide waste repository. A 30-day public comment period will run from July 29–August 27, 2020. To comment, please see below.
- Proposed Plan for a Site-Wide Waste Repository (PDF) (15 pp, 2.6 MB, About PDF)
- Fact Sheet: Proposed Plan for the Bonita Peak Repository (PDF) (2 pp, 1.2 MB)
- Administrative record for the proposed plan »
EPA is hosting a virtual public meeting on the proposed plan on August 11, 2020 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. The meeting will include a brief presentation on the proposed plan and feasibility study, a question-and-answer period, and a formal public comment period beginning at 7 p.m.
- Join online using Adobe Connect* Enter as Guest.
- If you cannot access the meeting from a computer or tablet please call in to the phone line: +1 866-299-3188, conference code: 3033126448
*When you join the meeting using Adobe Connect, you will be able to view the presentation and listen to the presenters and provide public comment. If you are using a tablet, please download the Adobe Connect app for better functionality.
Katherine Jenkins (email@example.com) or
Katherine Jenkins, ORA-PAB-CI
US EPA, Region 8
1595 Wynkoop Street
Denver, CO 80202-1129
Community Advisory Group
The Bonita Peak Community Advisory Group (CAG) was established in 2019 and is an independent group that serves as an informational conduit between diverse community interests and U.S. EPA and its governmental partners with regard to activities at the Bonita Peak Mining District Superfund site and their effects on the Animas River watershed within Colorado. In its advisory capacity, the CAG desires outcomes that are: protective of human health and the environment, feasible and practicable, conducted expeditiously and efficiently, and mindful of community cultural, social and economic interests.
For information about ongoing investigative/cleanup activities and public participation opportunities, view our site calendar.
You may need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s PDF page to learn more.
- Community Involvement Plan, August 2017 (PDF) (87 pp, 2.1 MB)
- Innovative Technologies Fact Sheet (PDF) (4 pp, 1.9 MB)
- Story Map of the Bonita Peak Mining District
- Bonita Peak Mining District Update, June 2020 (PDF) (2 pg, 1.3 MB)
- Novedades del distrito minero Bonita Peak, junio de 2020 (PDF) (2 pg, 1.3 MB)
- Glossary of Superfund Terms (PDF) (4 pp, 807 K)
- Superfund Community Involvement
Previous site updates and other community involvement resources are available in the All Publicly Available Documents collection.