BONITA PEAK MINING DISTRICT
Stay Updated, Get Involved
Sign up for this Superfund site’s mailing list
On this page:
Announcements and Key Topics
EPA, BLM, USFS, and CDPHE have selected a site strategy as part of the Adaptive Management process that follows a reach-by-reach approach. The strategy will focus future long-term remedial solutions to stabilize sources, reduce metal loading into the Animas River, and improve water quality in areas where aquatic life will benefit the most.
- Fact Sheet: BMPD Selected Site Strategy (PDF) (2 pp, 2.1 MB)
Community Advisory Group
The Bonita Peak Community Advisory Group (CAG) was established in 2019 and is an independent group that serves as an informational conduit between diverse community interests and U.S. EPA and its governmental partners with regard to activities at the Bonita Peak Mining District Superfund site and their effects on the Animas River watershed within Colorado. In its advisory capacity, the CAG desires outcomes that are: protective of human health and the environment, feasible and practicable, conducted expeditiously and efficiently, and mindful of community cultural, social and economic interests.
For information about ongoing investigative/cleanup activities and public participation opportunities, view our site calendar.
You may need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s PDF page to learn more.
- Community Involvement Plan, August 2017 (PDF) (87 pp, 2.1 MB)
- Innovative Technologies Fact Sheet (PDF) (4 pp, 1.9 MB)
- Story Map of the Bonita Peak Mining District
- Bonita Peak Mining District Update, February 2020 (PDF) (2 pg, 1.1 MB)
- Novedades del distrito minero Bonita Peak, febrero de 2020 (PDF) (2 pg, 1.1 MB)
- Glossary of Superfund Terms (PDF) (4 pp, 807 K)
- Superfund Community Involvement
Previous site updates and other community involvement resources are available in the All Publicly Available Documents collection.