NORTH RIDGE ESTATES
KLAMATH FALLS, OR
On this page:
- About the Superfund Redevelopment Initiative
- Redevelopment at the Site
- Economic Activity at the Site
- Renewable Energy at the Site
About the Superfund Redevelopment Initiative
This nationally coordinated effort provides EPA and its partners with a process to return Superfund sites to productive use. Learn more at Superfund Redevelopment Initiative.
Redevelopment at the Site
The goal for North Ridge Estates is to restore the site to productive use as a residential neighborhood for the Klamath Falls community. Residents remaining within the site will be protected from exposure to asbestos contamination and vacant properties will be cleaned up, renovated and sold. Properties where asbestos remains below the ground will have a notation on the deed to ensure that the remedy continues to protect people and the environment.
Economic Activity at the Site
As of December 2016, EPA did not have economic data related to on-site businesses, or economic data were not applicable due to site use. View information about redevelopment economics at Superfund sites.
Renewable Energy at the Site
- Minimize total energy use and maximize use of renewable energy.
- Minimize air pollutants and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Minimize water use and impacts to water resources.
- Reduce, reuse, and recycle materials and waste.
- Protect land and ecosystems.