PARSIPPANY, TROY HLS, NJ
Superfund Site Profile
During the 1930s, a pig farm was located on site. Landfilling operations began in 1945. In addition to accepting municipal solid waste from several counties in northern New Jersey, the landfill allegedly received hazardous and toxic materials between 1962 and 1969 from Ciba-Geigy Company. Records indicate that about 560,000 pounds of toluene, 130,000 pounds of benzene, 40,000 pounds of chloroform, 20,000 pounds of methylene chloride and 3,000 pounds of dichloroethylene were disposed of at the site.
From April 13, 1972 to May 10, 1972, about 25,700 tons of non-chemical wastes and 1,160 tons of liquid and chemical wastes, described as cesspool-type, ...
Continue reading background »