NORTH PENN - AREA 7
NORTH WALES, PA
Superfund Site Profile
The North Penn – Area 7 site is located in North Wales in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania and encompasses five industrial facility properties:
- Spra-Fin, Inc., a former metal manufacturing and finishing business;
- The former Ford Electronics and Refrigeration Corp., which made electrical autoparts.
- Teleflex, Inc., a former mechanical, electrical and pneumatic control manufacturer for aircraft.
- The former Leeds and Northrup, Inc., which made electronic instruments.
- The former Zenith Electronic, Corp., which made television picture tubes.
Historical operations at these facilities contaminated groundwater primarily with volatile organic compounds, which were used in solvents or degreasers. EPA added the site to the Superfund program’s National Priorities List (NPL) in ...
Continue reading background »