Superfund Site Profile
The CTS of Asheville, Inc. Superfund Site is located at 235 Mills Gap Road in Asheville, North Carolina 28803. International Resistance Company owned and operated the site from 1952 to 1959. It manufactured electronic components. CTS Corporation also manufactured electronic components used in auto parts and hearing aids at the site from 1959 to April 1986. Mills Gap Road Associates (MGRA) purchased the 53.54 acre site in 1987. MGRA sold 44.89 acres to the Biltmore Group, LLC in 1997, which developed the 44.59 acres into a residential subdivision. The remaining 8.65 acres where the old facility was located is fenced and has been vacant since the mid-1990s. The building was demolished in December 2011. The site was proposed to the National Priorities List (NPL) in March 2011 and became final on the NPL in March 2012.
TOPICS IN FOCUS
Some documents posted here may not be 508 compliant. Should you require a 508 compliant version of a document on this Site page, please contact the EPA National 508 Coordinator, Dorothy Semazzi, at Semazzi.Dorothy@epa.gov.