INTERNATIONAL MINERALS (E. PLANT)
TERRE HAUTE, IN
Superfund Site Profile
The 37-acre International Minerals (East Plant) site is located in Terra Haute, Indiana. From 1946 to 1954, Commercial Solvents Corporation (CSC) used a 6-acre area to make, package and store benzene hexachloride (BHC-tech). International Minerals and Chemical Corporation (IMC) acquired CSC in mid-1975. Facility operations contaminated soil and groundwater with volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and low levels of BHC. Following cleanup, EPA took the site off the Superfund program’s National Priorities List (NPL) in 2001.