Superfund Site Profile
The General Mills/Henkel Corporation site is located on East Hennepin Avenue in Minneapolis, Minnesota. General Mills used the area as a food research facility beginning in 1930, and from 1947 to 1977, also used the site for chemical research. Waste disposal operations between 1947 and 1962 contaminated soil and groundwater with hazardous chemicals. The property was purchased by the Henkel Corporation in 1977 and has since been resold. Soil and groundwater cleanup has occurred at the site, and additional work to address the vapor intrusion pathway is nearing completion. Groundwater monitoring continues at the site.