WPSC OSHKOSH MGP
Superfund Site Profile
The 7.6-acre Wisconsin Public Service Corp. site is located in Oshkosh, Wis. The Upper Fox River borders the site to the south with Lake Winnebago about .2 miles downstream. Since 2003, the site has been owned by the City of Oshkosh and was redeveloped into a public park which includes an amphitheater and river walk. Boat docking is desired along the shoreline to enable boaters to visit the park.
WPSC owned and operated the gas plant from the 1869 to 1946 in an area that was historically industrial. Processes included coal carbonization and carbureted water gas.