WPSC TWO RIVERS MGP
TWO RIVERS, WI
Superfund Site Profile
The Wisconsin Public Service Corp. site is located in Two Rivers, Wis., adjacent to the West Twin River. Currently, about half of the 5-acre former MGP plant is wetland near the river’s shore, accessible by water. The former MGP building and other structures and foundations have been demolished. A fence was installed around the perimeter to prevent trespassing.
WPSC owned and operated the gas plant from 1925 to 1946 in an area that was historically industrial. Processes included coal carbonization and carbureted water gas. WPSC still owns the site today.
Under Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources oversight, various
investigations have ...
Continue reading background »