WPSC CAMP MARINA MGP
Superfund Site Profile
The 1-1/2-acre Wisconsin Public Service Corp. Campmarina manufactured gas plant site is located at 732 N. Water St., Sheboygan, Wis. on the north bank of the Sheboygan River.
WPSC owned and operated the gas plant from 1872 to 1929 in an area that was historically industrial. Processes included coal carbonization and carbureted water gas. The main contaminant of concern from the gas plant operations is polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons, or PAHs
Currently, the city of Sheboygan owns the property and uses it as a park and marina with a river walk located immediately adjacent to the shoreline.