SACRAMENTO ARMY DEPOT
Superfund Site Profile
The 485-acre Sacramento Army Depot site, established in 1945, was a supply depot primarily responsible for the receipt, storage, issuance, maintenance and disposal of electronics supplies. Improper waste disposal practices at the site contaminated soils and groundwater with volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and heavy metals. Cleanup, operation and maintenance activities, and monitoring are ongoing.